This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 68
· Members: 0
· Total: 68

Spaceempires.net :: Melbor Operations :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Melbor Operations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khizlek
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Melbor Operations Reply with quote

With the assembly of Sundry Forces, we should think about creating a small fleet for operations in Melbor. We don't need a large fleet, just simply enough to for some minor raiding operations. Increases in numbers over the next 2.5 years could lead to the development of a small invasion force, to take a few Cue Cappa worlds.

System Lord Khizlek of DynaCorp Industries (PBC SEIV).

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No argument from me on that one. I plan to use that new SYS ship to boost defenses inside Fizbon first, then move to the Melbor planet and boost defenses there, fighters, a repair slip probably.

Venturing into the unknown

Khizlek
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also help to build it up a little, mainly through a carrier base and 2-4 combat platforms.

I'd guess ~1 year spent fortifying the WP with a single SYS (such as my one already there) would give a minimum defence capability, having the new SYS spend 2-4 months at the WP would give us enough of a defence capability.

Khizlek
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either the first or second carrier built at Lirketh will be sent to the Melbor region, though it will take ~1.5 years from now (includes development, construction and movement) to reach the WP. This could give us some breathing space to assemble a small task force of troops, and to upgrade ships/load fighters at the location. Can you contribute anything extra to the area in that time, or will most construction go towards the Sundry area?

DCI won't be able to supply a ground army from the core systems, they will have to be raised in Texrek and Egoria, which brings me to a question - what percentage above base cost will Texrek construction cost me?

Hmm, we also need to get Kana into the discussion.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Navy has no available resources at the moment for raiding squadrons. Currently the biggest issue is defending the Fizbon/Melbor WP.

After Sundry operations, and Sephendris operations are done then an invasion of Melbor could possibly happen. But I'm sure that SL Wombat will want to move on to Resshrak and conquer the Ukra-Tal.

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

Khizlek
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about just upgrading your carrier?

If that were to occur, along with HH upgrading the Launcher, then I'd think we'd have enough for minor operations in Melbor.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly we can add to the Melbor operations. The Launcher design was upgraded and we are building troops in Fizbon that can be used for Melbor. One defense ship is moving to Fizbon VI for serious repairs, having been thrown back to that w/p still damaged from previous operations.

I will fortify the Melbor planet asap so we can use it as a solid base of operations. Given the time it will take for your carrier to reach there, I'm sure we can get quite a bit done in the meantime!

Venturing into the unknown

Khizlek
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sounds like a plan. I'll keep the SYS building on the WP until the SDI limit is reached, then it will also be off to the planet.

The carrier will most likely have space-superiority only fighters, since the major issues will be planetary fighters. If a change is needed it can always be requipped at Melbor VI, or mentioned now, before fighter construction begins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> House Hermes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: