This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 48
· Members: 0
· Total: 48

Spaceempires.net :: Joint operations in Fizbon/Worric :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Joint operations in Fizbon/Worric
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astorax, I will not fill Kotaus 2 ships fully, allowing spare space incase of damage. This will alow more troops to be carried by your ship.

Venturing into the unknown

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you want to start this? My transport won't arrive at Worric VI till next month and it will be another month before it can load troops and move out. 5th Flotilla could attack before that, of course.

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be best to drop troops as soon as possible, more can always be supplied at later times. This would mean to go to phase one this coming turn, and next would be phase 2.

I'd like to get this maneuvering out of the way so we can be prepared to face the fleet currently heading south to Sundry, if it decides to poke its head out in Yullado. It wont be for a few turns, but I want a few turns of slack time in case we need to repair a bit.

Play By Committee IV, Join us!, Political Map, updated 2416.2

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Astoraxs' ship can bring in the next wave of troops. There are, or will be an additional 150 on Fizbon IX. I think we go ahead, given as Kotau said, we have a nasty fleet floating around in Sundry and we know how the enemy has a bad habit of changing their mind, and course! The sooner we drop troops in Worric the better, so the main fleet can cover the w/p or return to Yullado.

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My transport is still en route to Worric VI to pick up troops and I've ordered 5th Flotilla to a point just below the target planet. So two months and we can attack - this next month to maneuver into position and the month after to actually attack.

My avatar likely won't be able to join in this attack until late in the ground combat phase so that will all be on Kotau for now.

Oh, I've also ordered my Logistics Fleet to move to Worric IX in case there are casualties.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have 3 transports and the HHS Hermetic at position 10, 8, -2 sectors north of Worric VII. The following month when you attack in your pincher movement these ships will arrive 6 days later and hopefully any opposition will have been illiminated by then, or at least be so slight that your ships will finish them off before they reach the planet.
Due to time constraints, I will board FNS Harvest Joy which also has the best protect, for the ground assault on the planet. HHS Son of Monzo will have to head directly to the waiting sector.

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning formation, gentlemen. We are ready for Phase II

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it is! I hope suitable filmagraphic coverage is being given to this event, it should go down in history as a well co-ordinated attack. Perhaps there are those who could learn from this?

On a not so positive side note, the 121st Patrol Division did not move to cover the w/p to Kennelworth. Luckily, the enemy turned around heading for the Rox w/p. I suspect they were after the XOS Achilles, which I ordered into Rox, realising it was outnumbered and a likely target!

Now that they have lost sight of it, they may well return to the Egoria w/p!

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they didnt. I'm sure the CNO will discipline them heavily, as he has taken the reins from me.

Perhaps petition the CNO to move that squadron over your colony in Kennelworth for now.

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phase II, Initiate!

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the utmost of pleasure. My the Lords of the Galaxy smile on us this day!

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Worric VII is about to fall into our hands, the next operation needs to be considered. That is to take over the next system. Simple question is which one! Kennelworth, Melbor or Sundry?
Given Kotau has nicely, just jumped into Sundry, destroying a couple of enemy ships, and the fact this is probably the easy target I would suggest Sundry. Also the quickest to get supplies and troops to etc.
Thoughts on this gentlemen?

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sundry is ripe. I have planetary bombardment missile ships on the way to soften defenses/destroy planets that cheap colonizers can root upon.

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commodore Kotau, just yell if you think you need any of Commodore Astorax's ship to help out.

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do need to realise Sundry will not be as easy as Worric. I shall arrange the reloading of troops onto the transports and move them to the Worric side of the Sundry w/p, perhaps one sector short, for the time being.

At the very least Astorax's ships should be on that w/p ready, if needed.

Combat_Wombat
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite believe its my turn again to capture planets and at a minimum astoraxs fleet should be down helping me instead of sitting on a planet for 3+ months doing nothing.

Co-Lead of the FrEee project an open-source Space Empires IV clone

Author of Invasion! for Space Empires IV

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying we should take turns at capturing planets>? Laughing Well we can do that or just take as much as we can as quickly as we can. I certainly don't mind if the Navy uses their ships to assist you, in which case I will accept Astoraxs ships being used in that regard.

I will plan operations on that basis, certainly no point those ships laying idle. Wink

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combat_Wombat wrote:
I quite believe its my turn again to capture planets and at a minimum astoraxs fleet should be down helping me instead of sitting on a planet for 3+ months doing nothing.

Give me and idea of where you want them, and I'll send them.

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

kotau
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alikiwi wrote:
Are you saying we should take turns at capturing planets>? Laughing Well we can do that or just take as much as we can as quickly as we can.

Esteemed System Lords. We are at war. There will be no quarter.

Your efforts at becoming civil towards our galaxy of enemies are distressing.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So full steam ahead then! I've arranged for the transports to be fully loaded and heading for the Sundry w/p but stopping one sector short. One of my ships is arriving at Worric IX to unload fighters, then I will load it with troops as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> House Hermes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: