This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 71
· Members: 0
· Total: 71

Spaceempires.net :: Suggestions for Nova! :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Suggestions for Nova!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Empires Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron already has the function in the PDFs, but the function isn't recognized by the compiler.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which function(s) are you referring to?

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

albi_joe
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another suggestion: more racial hulls.

Possible intrinsic abilities (which can fit either psychic, religious or temporal, depending on how you look at it)

*Shields
*% to hit
*% to dodge
*movement
*emissive to physical (similar to BM's crystalline, but different damage types)
*Intrinsic repair station (I don't think this would help combat, but it would help out of combat)
*Resource generation
*Supply / ordinance generation
***Intrinsic weapon (probablyy only energy could get away with intrinsic damaging weapons, but repulsors might do something...)

Example: I could see temporal with intrinsic (time warp) movement (scaled with bonus move tech, if it won't stack), psychic with intrinsic (telekinetic) shields, and religious with intrinsic boarding parties / defense.

There is a fine line between Genius and Insanity. I am firmly on one side of that line!

Skyburn
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some suggestions:

1. Repair locker component- Repairs component damage during combat, but cannot repair more than 20% of a component's structure.

2. Decoy launcher component- Basically just a launchable decoy to lure seekers off course.

3. Black hole energy extractor- Component that would create supplies in a system with a black hole. It would create much more supplies than a solar panel or a quantum reactor, but would be useless in any other type of system.

4. Fleet shields- Would create shields around an entire fleet in formation. If the fleet breaks formation it would go away. Might be a way to make fleets in formations more effective.

5. Shuttles- Basically units that carry cargo, they would have the same movement restrictions as fighters(can't use warp points on their own).

6. Random destination warp points- Warp points that periodically change what systems they connect to.

7. Comets- Moving space objects that damage whatever they touch. By moving I mean they can move a certain number of sectors per turn in a random direction.

I like many of the features you plan to add to this mod, especially weapon turrets and research labs, and look forward to playing the mod.

Firzen_Zero
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe at least 3 and 4 are impossible to do in a mod because of game limitations.

Crissa
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four isn't possible, although you could make the dodge % or shield/armor regeneration increase in a fleet.

Three might be, I dunno the flag for 'black hole' but there must be one for the black hole destroyer to work ^-^

-Crissa

Genoce
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to create a device that destroyers a planet, or even a star, and gives you a sum of resources?

Would REALLY work for a nomad race, and i would feel kinda special building warships to eradicate and pillage out of my enemies homeword Very Happy

Myrath
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing a bit of DevNull mod and found the idea of 'one shot weaponry' interesting. Big nukes or big missiles that are destroyed after one use. Weapons that take less space, but only work once.

I liked that idea!

Cptn. Kwok; Do you have any idea when nova mod will go beta?

~Myrath

Myrath
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally; I remember this from a SE4 mod. You could build additional structures which would reinforce the shipyard in a specific area, generating additional minerals OR organics OR refining. (Possible to build multiple structures).

Are you planning a second research tree to add this?
(e.g. Specilialized Construction Yards as an additional path to construction yards.
Construction being 250 + 50 p.level or something? Allowing for those specialized construciton worlds?

~Myrath

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be Space Yard Expansions.

No date on beta yet.

Brainsucker
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some ideas for racial traits

1. A trait to give a race bonus to ship size

2. Warlike trait. You have already Brave and Coward, what about giving a new trait called warlike, to give more bonus to combat.

3. Peaceful, negative trait that give more negative point to tolerant to war

4. Greedy Traits Give more bonus to trade.

5. Natural Merchant, instead remove the need of spaceport, they give some bonus to spaceport. Like happiness, bonus to trade in the system, etc

6. Master Supplier, they remove the need of spaceport. Just like Natural Merchant trait in Balance Mod

7. Explorer, give bonus to supply in a starship.

Krakatos
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New as I am, I'd really like to post my suggestiotns for Nova too, since I really look forward it.

CaptainKwok wrote:
There will be Space Yard Expansions.

Well, this makes me really happy. I don't know what is hardcoded and what can be modded, and whether or not you can do variable size facilities, but I do hope you allow players to fill even an entire planet with spaceyard enhancements if they want to. It makes sense in my opinion, after all if I want to dedicate a 10 billion huge planet to starship production, I should be able to do so. You can do it with research, with intel, with resource gathering, why not with starship production? A fully dedicated, huge construction planet SHOULD have before population bonus about 25 times or so more construction rate than a single, lonely shipyard...

Also, in my opinion it would be wise to revise all the population bonuses. They are too low, population should be a much more important resource, planets should be a thing you invest more time in before they can really pay you back. As it is now, population bonuses are somewhat trivial...

A full 10 billion people planet should have at least a 200% bonus to everyhing compared to an empty one, or maybe even more... I think 300% or even 400% would be reasonable. Of course this should alter the cost of the racial traits that influence population growth speed.

Nath
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaky armor and shields would be great. I like the idea that a strong enough weapon can overwhelm a small shield section without depleting the whole thing. Or in the case of armor, that a huge armor plate can have a relatively small hole burnt through it without having the whole piece be destroyed.

I also like the idea that newly built ships have no ordinace/suppy in them.

ForesterSOF
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By increasing the need for maint. and research the game should go slower.

Wolfman
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How abot using ship capture componets only on drones? They could be used from longer range and could be susceptible to PD. For that matter, can you make a new unit type that would acomplish this? Maybe even have special PD for anti-capture pod weapons?

mwyeoh
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, in the page
http://www.captainkwok.net/novamod-weapons.php

Under Shield Damaging weapons- you have a couple of typos (Only engines)

Shield Depleter (11)
- 20kT, Only Engines, Direct Fire, Beam
Small Shield Depleter (6)
- 2kT, Only Engines, Direct Fire, Beam

Some name suggestions for facilities still lacking names

*(Resource collection) Name Pending (6)
- 1000kT, Increase Organics Extraction [Planet]

Localized weather controller/manipulator, Crop Genetic Modification Facility, Flora Supergrowth Chemicals Facility, Farming Union/Corporation Branch/Office

* (Planet Ulitization) Name Pending (6)
- 1000kT, Increase Minerals value [Planet]

Large Underground Conveyorbelts, Planet Core extractor/conveyorbelt, Magma Processor

* (Planet Ulitization) Name Pending (6)
- 1000kT, Increase Radioactives value [Planet]

Mineral destabilizer, Alchemy processor, Aurora impactor

And 3 new weapon suggestions (From the same branch of research- continuous weapons)

1) Gattling gun/cannon
Type: Bolt
Damage: Low
Reload-time: Low (eg-0.2-0.1 sec)
To Hit- Average
Can target: all
Visuals: Just a small projectile
Cons: Emissive armor would be its worst enemy
Extra info: An alternative early projectile to the depleted uranium cannon and possible alternative to PD?

2)
Name: Low intensity beam
Type: Beam
Damage: Very low
Reload-time: Insanely low (eg-0.2 sec or less)
To Hit- greatly increased to rarely miss
Visuals: Short beam- It would look like a continuous beam
Extra info: also requires physics- mounts would make this not completely useless

3)
Name: Broad spectrum beam
Type: Bolt
Damage: Very low
Reload-time: Insanely low (eg-0.1 sec or less)
To Hit- greatly increased to rarely miss
Visuals: This would be an elongated bolt, but if the bolts are close enough together, it might create the illusion of a beam that bends to hit its target
Extra info: also requires physics- mounts would make this not completely useless

One thing about this weapon-set though is use of supplies/ordance. If any at all, it would drain it all away in a blink of an eye, so perhaps no supplies or ordance usage?

Brainsucker
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwok, can you add pirates and Space monsters that pop up randomly in the map and attack nearest colony?

for pirates, you can use the old design (absolute design) that hasn't be used by the system owner, or you can randomly create ships with old technology (more than 5 years old tech) as their basis?

p3d
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About population production bonus
Don't know if the following could be modded. Assign some "population limit" for each facilities that are built on a planet. The population bonus then would be calculated by the ratio of needed versus available.

E.g. Research facility needs 20m people to operate. If I have 10 on a small planet, I need 200m population. Now, if I have only 100m on the planet, I could utilize them at 50% efficiency ( 100/(10x20)=0.5 ) as there's not enough population.

If I had only 5 research centers for the same 100m population, I should get the same RP output.

Now, having more people than needed should have some but decreasing effect. Say 2000m people for the 10 RC should give 200% production not 1000%.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early in SE5's development, there was a population requirement for facilities. It sounded good in theory, but many players just found it extremely bothersome.

The decreased production effect can be accomplished with population modifiers without the need to worry about having X population for a certain facility.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing good can ever come of population requirements in a game like SE.

Smarter than your average Texrak.

goduranus
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see a weapon type that is hits Combat Sensors and ECM, and small versions for mounting on fighters.

Tnarg
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, could burst effect like weapons be modded by giving a weapon a really fast fire rate. I beleive the fastest weapon is a PD weapon at.5 or something. So maybe something like.05. So fast it seems like a burst. Of course the range is really low 10kT for level 1, 20kT for level 3, ect.
I'm thinking along the lines of that electric field weapon from MOOII.

Along this line and I'm not sure if that new PD bug ties in with this but when a ship explodes could some components have some sort of trigger that would fire off some quick burst of damage at short range at a really fast rate to simulate an exploding ship damaging nearby ships.

An example when engines are destroyed 20kT damage burst fires out at everything around 10k of the ship to simulate the sudden release of all that stored energy. It would seem like a burst effect due to the really really fast rate of fire.

Zastaver
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New weapons

Linier rifles. esenentaly long range directfire railguns

Light blasters. a small "Bolt" type weapon desined to kill fighters and seekers but only mountable on fighters.

Spinal mount rail gun. a MASSAVE gun that scales to the ships size(possable) that can be used for extream long range attacks (possably on par with cappital ship missles)

Spinal mount antimatter seige cannon. The mother of all direct fire weapions can fire on fleets/planets only in sector view. EXTREAMLY devistating and do the the power used in firing must be repared (its destroyed after "fireing") inbetween shots. this would esentaly be a siege/standoff weapon for baseships(to badd ass to be put on anything smaller.)

Spash weapons? (possable?)

and bigger SY components for starbases that are expensave but out build all others 1000Kt

EVE escue mount system. larger mounts give more range (alot more) and dammage (massave mounts would out range evrything but be only abel to hit DNs and baseships

more ideas when i think of them

Strife40k
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This biggest issue for me is time. Please optimize it so turns don't take so long...

If there is a solution, could some one please tell me. But, when I play on a medium sized map, after a while, I find that I'm spending more time waiting for the turn processing than actually playing.

Perhaps the option to skip watching the movements of every ship at the start of every turn. Or just skip the movements of specific ships. Even at the very fast setting, it still takes far too long when you have 30+ ships moving around.

Also, the option to not go tactical or strategic, just calculate battle result, to save time on the many small meaningless battles that happen throughout a game. On that note, when the prompt comes up that says to choose tactical or strategic, it should also display what ships are involved and in what system. Its really dumb in its current state, how it just give you a prompt to choose strategic or tactical, but doesn't give any info on what battle is at hand.

Also, could you make multiplayer file swapping automatic. I tried playing a lan game with my buddy, and it was so annoying to manually have to click transfer files every turn.

I noticed you made systems larger and less numerous, which should help Smile.

Shoe
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strife, check out the Small Systems extension for the Balance Mod. It's designed to improve turn processing speed.

Person(s) denying the existence of killer robots may be killer robots themselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Empires Nova Mod All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: