This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 45
· Members: 0
· Total: 45

Spaceempires.net :: Dragonstar Contract Discussion :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Dragonstar Contract Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Dragonstar Contract Discussion Reply with quote

System Lord Alikiwi of House Hermes,

It has come to my attention that our defense contract with House Hermes will be expiring less than a year from now. While there is still plenty of time, I would like to begin discussing the future of our relationship.

First we must know: Do you intend on extending the contract with us? Or does House Hermes plan on letting it expire?

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Hermes will be extending the contract, and we expect things might get busier sometime in the near future.

I am bringing troops into Worric for the eventual capture of the enemy planet there as well as building some locally. The old Saya I class Carrier has just arrived at Fizbon VI with fighters and troops. My plan was to scrap that ship and my new carrier will take its place.

Venturing into the unknown

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good to hear, SL Alikiwi. I was hoping you would say that. While we strive to give every client the best service, I will admit we have had the most success working with House Hermes.

A recent audit of my budget revealed a problem. We are currently losing Minerals in this contract. I can no longer afford this loss. Which leads me to the next question.

Can you afford to increase your monthly payment? Not only will it help support my budget, but an increase will allow me to bulk up my fleets. I want to build some new ships. On average, a warship costs 300 Minerals and 400 Radioactives to maintain. Carriers cost roughly 600 Minerals and 200 Radioactives (less weapons, more cargo space). The more you give, the more you will get.

What do you think?

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into this. Currently we are low on minerals ourselves, but with the new planets and facilities this situation is just starting to improve.

I'll give you more specific information shortly.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mineral deficit is small. About -200 Minerals per month. All I ask is that in the coming extension you increase your Mineral payment by 200. That is, if you want to keep our current fleet strength.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be no problem, I'll post an ammendment to the contract.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alikiwi wrote:
That should be no problem, I'll post an ammendment to the contract.

Amendment? Hold up, System Lord! We are only negotiating here. There's no reason to change things now. The current payments expire in 5 months. It would be best to have all changes made together, in the contract extension. I can hold out until then.

I am glad to see you are willing to give us that extra boost in Minerals. Now we can get down to the real details.

For the next two years, would you like to see Dragonstar expand its current fleet numbers in Hermes space? Or maintain the same number (keeping in mind that ships may be replaced and retrofitted)?

Expansion will require additional funds per month.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have been reading too fast! So much to do you know. At the very least we want to maintain the exisiting fleet size, though it would be nice to increase it.

I will have to check our figures and project the expansion of mining operations, but I would hope to perhaps add 2 more ships in the early stages of a re-newed contract.

I also think perhaps one of them should be a carrier, although we are only just now seeing the first one return to Hermes Space. Our main goal now is to free Worric VII.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alikiwi wrote:
I must have been reading too fast! So much to do you know.

I completely understand. Sometimes you are trying to do too many things at once. You are a very active System Lord (which I like a lot). Don't ever stop. Smile I can take care of writing up the expansion deal, just as soon as we agree on the details.

And do not forget we have time. The current contract does not expire for several turns.

Alikiwi wrote:
I will have to check our figures and project the expansion of mining operations, but I would hope to perhaps add 2 more ships in the early stages of a re-newed contract.

It would be nice to field two more ships. Adding a warship and a carrier will increase the monthly rate by 900 Minerals and 600 Radioactives. Just two warships will cost you 600 Minerals and 800 Radioactives. I am receiving plenty of Organics, so no increase there.

Alikiwi wrote:
I also think perhaps one of them should be a carrier, although we are only just now seeing the first one return to Hermes Space.

Yes, my apologies for keeping the DDS Launcher out of action. She should have been fully loaded and ready for battle sooner. I sort of lost track of her. But she is on her way to the front and will join up with DD Squad Two as soon as possible.

And speaking of errors, I made one in my budget audit. I accidentally attributed the DDS Bowshaft's maintenance to Darkstar, though we got the ship from House Hermes. That actually doubles the shortfall I mentioned, to -400 Minerals. I hope that is not too much of a problem for you to cover.

I have decided from now on I will get the ships myself. I want to encourage more public, commercial shipyard use. Where anyone can order up a ship to built at a shipyard, for a price. So all I need in the expansion contract is more resources to cover maintenance. And if you are feeling generous, a one-time bonus to help with construction cost would be nice; given that Egoria I may be one of the shipyards I use, it is very likely you will see some of those resources back. Wink

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System Lord Alikiwi,

Now time is growing short. We have only a few months left on the current deal. It is time we finalized the extension.

I have yet to hear back about your projected financial figures. How much do you think you can afford to pay Dragonstar Defense per month for the extension period? We discussed adding two more ships. That would add either 900/0/600 or 600/0/800 to the monthly rate, depending on whether one ship was a carrier.

To clarify, if you want me to add two ships to the fleet you are looking at monthly payments of:
    4300 / 4000 / 4600 Per Month for Warship/Carrier Added
    OR
    4000 / 4000 / 4800 Per Month for Warship/Warship Added

Can you at least afford that much? Remember, for every 300/0/400 you add, I can field 1 more warship. For every 600/0/200, 1 more carrier.

I would like to keep the Green Dragon construction vessel. Initially we discussed I would return it to Hermes control when not needed. I don't think that will happen. So to make both our lives simpler, why don't we just make it officially Dragonstar property?

Oh, and I see the original deal was a 3-year contract. Normally we do 2-year deals. Do you want the extension to be 3 years as well?

I think that is all that needs to be considered. Monthly payment, Green Dragon, contract length. Is there anything else you would like added in the upcoming contract?

I eagerly await your response, SL Alikiwi.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm a bit bust right now and access to the budget is temporarily non functional! However, I did check it recently.

I believe we will go with adding a warship plus a carrier, we need those fighters out there to counter the enemies. I feel 4,300 / 4,000 / 4,600 should be no problem.

Regarding the construction ship, I don't doubt you will need it indefinately to build replacement fighters etc, or perhaps even storage bases to stockpile your supplies. So we can consider it yours to do with as you please.

As soon as we can, I'll look to see when to schedule the construction of the extra 2 vessels.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest draft of the new contract:

Quote:
Dragonstar Defense has come to terms with House Hermes for a new contract. The agreement is as follows:

1) Dragonstar Defense is commissioned with the protection of all House Hermes colonies.

2) House Hermes will pay 4300 Min/4000 Org/4600 Rad every month for the duration of the contract.

3) Dragonstar Defense agrees to increase its fleet by at least one warship and one carrier. It is the responsibility of Dragonstar Defense to get the ships built.

4) The Gygax-class construction vessel "Green Dragon" will become the sole property of Dragonstar Industries. House Hermes relinquishes all claims to the ship.

5) This contract will last for three (3) years, starting 2412.5.

6) This contract may be modified only if both sides agree to the specific alteration.

Suggestions? Alterations? I would like to get this deal posted and signed next turn.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All looks good to me, so let me know when it's ready to sign.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready for your signature.

http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-40799.html#40799

btw, sorry it took so long. I thought I already posted it, then completely forgot about it. Whoops!

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System Lord Alikiwi,

It is that time again. Our defense contract is nearing its expiration. I hope we have performed well enough to deserve another contract extension.

Does House Hermes intend on keeping Dragonstar as its defensive force?

Here is the deal currently: http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-40798.html#40798

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My how time surely flies! One can only say that the service has been excellent and we look forward to renewing the contract. We also expect the situation to get tough with more enemies turning their eye on our Federation!

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good to hear, SL Alikiwi. We enjoy working for House Hermes in defending Worric and other systems from our enemies.

As in the past, we would like to suggest increasing our budget so that we can support a larger fleet. We recommend at least a 20% boost in funding. In return, Dragonstar can agree to field at least 4 more warships for you.

How does this sound to you? Will this be for another 3 years?

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have not responded, and time is short, I have merely extended the existing contract as is. Please sign it before our current deal expires, system lord.

http://www.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-50173.html#50173

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> House Hermes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: