This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 1
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 151
· Members: 0
· Total: 151

Spaceempires.net :: I've Went, I Saw, I came back with a Separatist Cruiser :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

I've Went, I Saw, I came back with a Separatist Cruiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMLocutus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: I've Went, I Saw, I came back with a Separatist Cruiser Reply with quote

I had a theory, now granted this mod has been on life support for a little bit due to whatever lives we all lead, I've come back with time to put into this and a whole new enthusiasm for StarFury.

As I said, I've returned with a Separatist Cruiser, it's a nice grey one! Properly scaled now (See I told you Bearclaw that would be my last PM to you tonight Very Happy)

I was testing out a theory of some sort of logic. There are several SW shipsets within SE5 flying around and yet here we were wondering how we were going to get our ships.

So, yeah, I ran a test run with one of the SW ships from one of the SW shipsets. If there's still any interest in this mod (Bearclaw some answer here please?) then I will get ahold of those who created the shipsets I'm looking to use and ask their permission.

I'm hoping there is but the game will need some major overhauling and not just on the mod, the Planets/Stars need updated textures, the background needs to look better then what it is and probably the sizes need to be changed to be properly proportioned to the starships we'll be adding in.

I don't believe, for the sake of my own sanity and others, we need to add specific unique textures for the famous planets within the map Bearclaw made, it doesn't make sense that Bespin would just happen to look like the most unique gas planet out of all the gas planets out there just because Han Solo set foot there and Darth Vader took a vacation there to get Luke Skywalker. So keep them the same but make their importance significant in some other way.

Anyway, I'm willing to get this thing rolling fast now that I've figured out on adding ships into the mod (and now that ships have been made for SE5 to be used potentially within StarFury)

bearclaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! I'm more than willing to get this going again! I put a lot of work into that map Smile

I don't have any CG skills, I'm not sure about GML though, so we are eager for anyone willing to add any sort of graphics. Yes, planet textures are needed right now but we'll also need SW component graphics as well. Lots and lots of components.

(the components.txt file is over 1 Meg already and isn't done. and it's just text!)

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

GMLocutus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you a break down of what it is I am doing, I'm adding in all the SW ships and the landscape textures and adding in stations. Once done I'll work on sorting out the empires in the mod since I can really edit that as I go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: