This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 158
· Members: 0
· Total: 158

Spaceempires.net :: Message From Dragonstar Defense :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Message From Dragonstar Defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> D'narlom Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Message From Dragonstar Defense Reply with quote

System Lord Dkanre,

I wish to convey my personal condolences to the families of the DSS Dkanre's Shuttle crew. It is always regrettable to see civilian transports get caught in the fighting, especially when they are in relatively safe space. A tragedy.

I know that on occasion the D'narlom Society has had to deal with such incursions. Single ships violate your space from time to time. It is the burden of being a faction along the frontier. In the past you have had Navy forces on patrol. But the wars in the east and west are sapping them away.

I believe Dragonstar Defense can help. We can support the D'narlom Society with a mobile defense force capable of destroying these periodic intruders.

Would you be willing to consider a contract with us?

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CEO Prophet,

Yes, the incident was most regrettable and this is not the first time hostile vessels have moved through my systems. I would be very interested in hearing what you could do to help protect myself and the D'narlom from further intrusion.

System Lord of the D'narlom Society

Last edited by Dkanre on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonstar Defense has the personnel needed to lead a military defense force. As you know, we are Military Grade certified by the Federation. We are authorized to command as many warships as we can support. Right away that increases your options. Under our command, you can have heavier firepower along the border. And you do not need to worry about it being "redeployed" to another combat region.

Now for the situation the D'narlom Society is in, we see two possibilities. It is all dependent on how much you want us involved.

1st Idea, a typical defense contract. We are required to defend your territory. In return we obtain a monthly payment that is more than our maintenance costs in your space. Pretty straight forward.

2nd Idea, on retainer for interceptions. We agree to keep a small force capable of taking on a lone destroyer or carrier near your space. While things are quiet, you only pay the maintenance cost of the force. But should a lone ship break into D'narlom space, we will move to intercept and destroy. And our fee would go up until the threat is neutralized.

Generally, the 1st idea is the best for everyone. The 2nd is if you wish to address recent events only. Intruder vessels are common in D'narlom history, unfortunately. The 2nd idea would eliminate this particular threat without ramping up your costs too much.

Unfortunately we do not have any forces in your territory. We will need some ships from the D'narlom Society as part of an agreement. We are willing to accept existing warships as well as a promise of new ones later on.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, DD Squad One is currently in neighboring Astral. We are there to defend House Belfegor. But we can do that equally well from Obotron. If you could use our protection. Please let me know. We could hammer out a full-fledged defense contract before you know it.

Also, there is an opportunity with our colleagues at Dragonstar Exploration. DES Pioneer is sitting idle in the Kartogia system. She could provide you with reconnaissance data beyond Obotron. Perhaps determine if any of our enemies are amassing nearby? Such a deal would be separate from a defense contract, of course. But it is one more service you should consider from Dragonstar Industries.

[EDIT: I said "Indian" at first. It is the "Pioneer." Oops.]

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a normal defense contract would be fine.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dkanre wrote:
I think a normal defense contract would be fine.

Excellent! Such a contract is normally straight-forward. We will defend your space for a fee.

Now according to records the D'Narlom Society has two vulnerable points: Obotron and Synth. The first we can easily protect. DD Squad One is near enough to defend that system. And for a mere 3500 / 1200 / 3500 we can patrol this border.

Synth is a problem though. It is somewhat remote for a Federation system. That means a separate squad of warships is needed. We will require a lot more resources and probably a few ships built for us. If you need us to include this border, consider how much more you are willing to spend on this contract.

In fact, more resources in either case will mean better protection for you. Dragonstar Defense is doing all it can to build up its forces in this time of total war. Extra funds will definitely be put to good use.

Finally, our contracts normally run for 2.0 years. Near the end of the expiration we may renegotiate to extend it, most likely for another 2 years. We are willing to consider a 1 or 3 year deal, but prefer 2 years if possible.

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, what kind of ships would need to be built?

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If FSL Kana keeps the 12th Patrol Squadron in your area, we will not need missile ships. The 12th has nothing but missiles.

Could we get at least a half-dozen ships? Mostly Assault Ships, with a couple of Point Defense ships. I would say either 3-to-1 or 4-to-1 ratio between the two types. The more ships, definitely the better.

The Achilles-class proved effective recently in Yullado. We also have the new Lightning-class, which would be great for WP defense but no so good in open-space engagements. But even a handful of new Firefly frigates would be effective against stray enemy ships.

For Point Defense, I would go with what is more cost effective for you. PD missiles tend to cost more Minerals. PD guns cost more Radioactives. This decision will be easier once we decide on which Assault ship design.

For the contract, I am willing to only add the additional maintenance fee of these ships to the cost I first quoted you. In other words, it would be 3500 / 1200 / 3500 + maintenance of new ships, per month.

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be possible to build the needed number of ships. I agree that the Achilles would be effective; and as for Point-Defense I am not certain, perhaps the Cassowary.

I think the contract is ready for me to accept it.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to ask SL Alikiwi of House Hermes to upgrade the Achilles design (he created it). It will get updated weapons and gun crews. And it should not change the cost of the ship at all.

The Cassowary looks like a fine design. She should serve us well.

Hm, I appear to have done my math wrong, regarding ratio. For some odd reason, I was thinking 8 when I said half-dozen. Must be ship lag from the recent voyage. If we get six ships, we would like four Achilles, 2 Cassowary.

I am glad to hear you are ready to sign. We here at Dragonstar are excited about this new contract. I will put together a draft. In the mean time, please let us know if you have any objections to the following details that will be in the deal:

- Dragonstar will be responsible for defending D'Narlom territory (if you want to specify certain areas/planets/systems, please let us know)

- D'Narlom will build Dragonstar 4 Achilles and 2 Cassowary destroyers.

- D'Narlom will pay Dragonstar 4360 Minerals / 2108 Organics / 4872 Radioactives per month

- This contract will last from 2411.1 - 2413.1

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL Dkanre,

The contract is now available for your signature:
http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-37403.html

Once again, thank you very much for choosing Dragonstar Defense.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System Lord,

When do you plan to begin construction of the destroyers I asked for? There are several intruders coming through Synth. But without those ships, I cannot help on that front.

Please let me know when you get a chance.

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am presently constructing the Cassowary destroyers, I will next build the required Achilles ships.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, SL Dkanre. I look forward to securing Synth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> D'narlom Society All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: