This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 205
· Members: 0
· Total: 205

Spaceempires.net :: I noticed some potential bugs, but not sure about them. :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

I noticed some potential bugs, but not sure about them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Multiverse Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apeman81
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: I noticed some potential bugs, but not sure about them. Reply with quote

Basically, I noticed that when you try to sell thing at the spacedock, you don't get any credits and the stuff you buy are free. However, its a problem because I run out of credits fast repairing my ship and the cruiser at the Minerva starbase cost a shit load and I can't upgrade and wound up getting my arse kicked in the fourth mission of the first campaign.. I was wondering if I was the only one with this particular problem.

Campeador

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Cash problems Reply with quote

Hello, thanks for trying my mod!
Of all the people that have sent me feedback on the game you are the first one who seems to have an issue with money.

First let me go back a little bit. Obviously you have not tried the Star Blazers mod, which is the prequel of Multiverse. It is not necessary to play Star Blazers first but it would have prepared you better for this game since the mechanics of how the game is played are very similar.

Playing Multiverse is very different from the stock Star Fury game. On Multiverse you are an officer of the space fleet trying to save Earth and the human race. As part of the military (as in today’s armed forces around the world) the government takes care of most of the expenses of its soldiers, therefore on this game the government will provide for most of what you need. On this mod money has little importance. This is not a trade game with a little story, instead it try to be a big story with little trade. Star Fury was fun but this game does not focus on trade but rather on story and interesting massive battles.

On the Star Blazers mod players most players found the mod easy except for a mission or two. They also told me that it was easy to find bases for repairs. That it was too easy for the player to continually keep going to the base for a quick fix and then back into the fray. I took this feedback and more it into great consideration while creating Multiverse. Therefore Multiverse if far more challenging and repair posts are far scarcer. Also lack of money will limit the dependency on the bases and will force the player on finding alternatives to complete the mission.

Now going to your problem, you do not have enough money to buy the upgrade because you used the money up on repairs.

The fourth mission is kind of blurry for me at the moment. I do not remember if it was to go and destroy the enemy base.
If that is the case then you were awarded exactly the amount of money necessary to buy the Mogami cruiser after the "scanning" mission. If you did save the game at the end of the scanning mission then go to the Minerva base, do not repair your lightning destroyer, and just purchase the Mogami first. This will also return to you the full cost of the lightning you just traded. The new ship has no damage, therefore will not need to be repaired.
Your problem was that maybe you did a big repair and tapped into your new awarded money that was just enough to buy the upgrade. (This is why is important to save the game before and after the mission on different slots). Anyway you are the first to point this out and I understand that some players may go to the space dock before going to the briefing. Because if you go to the briefing first you will know that you will have a new ship waiting for you and therefore will not waste your money repairing a ship that you are about to discard... see I do get you!

The game will become very challenging but if you managed to do the second mission you will definitely have what it takes to beat the game! (For some player that mission was a real pain)

I want for the player to enjoy the game and not to get frustrated so I will give a few pointers:

1. At the end of each mission you will be awarded some money.
2. Do not fix cargo that you are not going to use.
3. Scavenge from the ships destroyed. There is plenty of items floating around (from destroyed ships) that will help you repair your ship. There are also items floating around that you can use to upgrade your ship like the enemies armor and engines (which can be better than the one you have).
4. The bases will also give you free repair items (at least once).
5. Save the game often, so that you can go back if you have to for at least a full mission.
6. Even thought the enemy you will face is pre-arranged, their actions are random. That means that the same scenario will play somewhat different every time. So sometimes may be easy and others difficult.
7. The ship's crew will fix the ship completely if given enough time. If you have no cash and the ship is damaged at the end of a mission do a full stop and then speed up the game until fully healed.
8. Warning- some missions you will fail no matter what you do. It is intended that way and the game will tell you what to do. --So that you know!

More questions feel free to ask.
Good hunting,
-Campeador

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Campeador,

I am just itching to play campaign 4. Are you close to the release for campaign 4?

Thanks

PS. btw I really liked the performance of the StarBlazers Theme Song from the link you provided for YouTube from your other thread.

Campeador

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello rstaats10,

I have been having a busy summer, real life is taking much of my time and slowing me down on the campaigns, but I am still making progress. Campaign 4 will be out soon.

The Star Blazers theme song performance was impressive. Not the performance itself, that it was, but the fact that that took place here on the US, on a school band, on a Japanese theme that few know about, and this few remember the TV show from childhood.

Another youtube link. This is Mr. Isao Sasaki, the guy who sings the theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHORDBZuOA

Enjoy!

ps:
I am also waiting to see what are you working on!

rstaats10
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the other YouTube link. That was pretty cool.

I'm glad to hear Campaign 4 is still in the works. You mods are the best SF mods I have played and has been an inspiration for my SF-Stargate mod.

Also thanks for asking about my mod. My mod should be released within a month or so depending on time contraints. I have all the jobs/missions done so far except for the last 3 systems. The mod is very large. It has more missions than all 3 SF stock campaigns combined. It is more of a story/battle type of mod...no commerce trading...just plain fun. I hope to finish tweeking the stores/component images/music/speech folders then give it a trial run. It should be pretty much bug-free now since I test every miision in windowed mode before moving on to the next one.

OMEGABORG0001
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually i had the same problem as apeman
(though i'm happy i did not open a new thread for the same problem eheh)
the awarded money to buy the mogami is not charged on my money count i do not understand (however i'm plenty of saves and ready to repeat the mission)

i also noticed that sometimes in the pirate starbase scan mission the vallon system is plenty of ships as you were on the final attack to vallon.-. (when i recharge to again to find no ship there is only the starbase i hope the game was meant in that way)
sometimes my ship became not visible (from the screen i guess the enemies see me the same eheh) but it's not really important

so in the end i can't get the mogami ship and the military does not give me the 1500000 bucks and you know it's hard to play after that point with the lightning... i'm also prepared to restart from the beginning... as the game is very funny to play congrats again

Campeador

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to get the money to buy the Mogami and be able to continue the game you have to successfully scan the Xiati base. You know that you did scan the base successfully when you get at a distance of 100 and a message appears notifying you that the base was successfully scanned. The minute you do the mission will be completed. Then you can move on to Hades and then to Minerva. As soon as you enter the Minerva sector system the money will be awarded to you.

The scanning mission is a hard one, and required to continue the logical progress of the game. So redo the mission and get close to the enemy Starbase until the successful message appears!

During the scanning mission the Xiaty and Fazrah were amassing ships on the Vallon sector in preparation for a future attack. The second times around there were hardly any ships at Vallon since the enemy fleet had move on to Hades later on (as you will find out).

OMEGABORG0001
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prob solved thank you for everything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Multiverse Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: