This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 189
· Members: 0
· Total: 189

Spaceempires.net :: do i need...? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

do i need...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Modding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OMEGABORG0001
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: do i need...? Reply with quote

do i need some image packs before adding any mods to the game... (of course i know i need to put the patch...)

you can download this post after i reply if it's disturbing Smile

Campeador
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Mod Installation Reply with quote

I am not aware of any image packs for Star Fury. Mods usually contain all their necessary images.

Idea Mod Installation:

1. Open the Star Fury original game folder where you installed the original game on your hard drive. There you will find a folder called "Campaigns". Just place the new Mod -as it is with all the folders and files inside the Campaign folder.

2. For the folder named "Music" you are going to take the content of the Music folders and insert them inside the music folder of the original game.
(correction, sounds on the other hand can remain on the mod folder without change!)

That's it.

Last edited by Campeador on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

OMEGABORG0001
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk i knew i was just wondering about some base and common files for modding as in se4

but thank you for the enlightment

OMEGABORG0001
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if i want to install more than one tipology of mod (example... the multiverse mod with the in development stargate mod.. )
what should i do?
i mean... some files that need to be replaced are in the same directory... (the component bmp for example) if i put the multiverse one i can't put the one for stargate or whatever... (i wish to play both at the same time because i'm used to play by moods)
and again there are section of the galaxy where i can get loads of random enemies just to destroy them one by one like in a shooter XD
OR there is a way to do such a thing

thank you all for the attention

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The campaigns all go in their own folder in the Campaigns directory...
You should never be overwriting the existing ones.

You should also not be installing files to the root directories; Doing so will Break Your Games!
Put the mods into the \Campaigns directory.

When you start a game and have a selection of stuff in the \campaigns, it will ask you which one you wish to play, and away you go Smile

OMEGABORG0001
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i did a mess -.-"
however the game goes
i should reinstall anything and it the right way

i wish i had read campeador's post with more attention i was certain the modding was in the se4 way

what about my "more npc" stuff? o.o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Modding Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: