This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Tiregan
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3154

People Online:
· Visitors: 167
· Members: 0
· Total: 167

Spaceempires.net :: [DN5] Bug Report List :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

[DN5] Bug Report List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a Stock thing. I haven't made any changes to repair bays.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an odd problem with battles, and am trying to find a stock game to compare with as hadn't noticed it before. In battles either strategic or tactical, when it starts and I am attacking from another square, my ships start almost in the centre touching the enemy fleet! I have no hope of a proper battle and get wiped by their first salvos!! Surely my fleet should start from the edge of the battle arena? Confused

bearclaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a DN5 game? I havent' made any changes that would affect combat starting locations. Very odd.

Nick (bearclaw)

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly is a DN 5 game. Heaps of research, I've conquered 3/4 of the galaxy, but the AI (on 2nd highest lvl) is now come up with massive fleets of 45 ships and has about 3 of them. In one battle where they had 35 BC I had 39 mixed from frigate upwards an 106 fighters. I had to do it with tactical and one end of my fleet (actually had 2 fleets) was in the AI fleet! Took me over an hour to actually do the battle loosing 22 of my 39 ships. Perhaps its having more than one fleet involved???

bearclaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did all of your ships/fleets attack from the next hex? or were some already in the hex when another fleet arrived? If it's the second option, that makes perfect sense. SEIV did the same thing if ships/fleets were already in the space when others arrived for combat, or if both sides were already in the space before combat began (ie: a treaty ends and hostilities break out).

Nick (bearclaw)

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, all my ships/fleets arrived together from the next hex, so should have been positioned along the edge. Instead they arrive with one edge almost to the centre of the battle arena! I tried this several times, having saved immediately before the battle, but they always arrive in a silly position. I have another about to take place, which I will make sure is one single fleet to see if it makes a difference.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, I just did it on strategic, my 35 ships and 108 fighters got wiped out, as the fleet started, not parellel to the edge but at right angles meaning one end was butted up to the enemy in the centre! They had 24 BC, but in tactical I could beat them, IF my fleet started at the edge, and faced them squarely rather than end on!! I'll have to find a stock game where I can compere this. Using CSM and maximum range.

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bug but a question: Have you implemented some sort of morale feature? I don't recall it from the previous version of DN I played. I noticed it on the Substandard CQ component. If so, what does it do and how does it affect thing? Is it only for boarding party combat?

bearclaw

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moral bonus on Officers quarters is suppose to (according to the Modding doc) add the bonus to both to Hit and Defense modifiers.

Nick (bearclaw)

Aaronf
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Dark Nova 5.04 doesn't work Reply with quote

The Dark Nova V 5.04 doesn't work due to group (Fighter, troop, satellite, and drone I think) files arn't there.

bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd... it was working.

I guess it's about time that I came out of hiding and began work on this mod again... haven't touched it since January.

edit: but wait, that means I have to stop playing Spore?!

Nick (bearclaw)

Aaronf
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my game is the 1.00 version. It plays really well, can't get the patches due to virus fears. The game said that the fighters, drones, satellites, and troops don't have thier group files/directories. So what should I do?

Aaronf
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my game is the 1.00 version. It plays really well, can't get the patches due to virus fears. The game said that the fighters, drones, satellites, and troops don't have thier group files/directories. So what should I do?

bearclaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the other option is I can email you the updated files? If you like. My email is in my profile. I can get it to you that way.

Nick (bearclaw)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: