This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 186
· Members: 0
· Total: 186

Spaceempires.net :: AI Research :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

AI Research

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEIV AI Modding FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: AI Research Reply with quote

Written by Rollo

was wondering how the "Tech Area Min Percent" works exactly. Based on the observations that I made, I think I have figured it out:

A research project will be added to the queue, if the sum of the percentages of the current projects is smaller than 100.

examples: the current projects are Mil Sci (50) and DUC (25). next in file is Ship Con (33), which will be added. next is physics (50), which will not be added, because the total current projects (now including Ship Con) is 100 or greater.
If I change Ship Con to 24 (not 25, the sum must be smaller than 100), physics will be added.
If I change Ship Con to 23 and physics to 1, a fifth project will be added.

So if you want your AI to quickly research something (for example shield after physics), it is not enough to just make physics 50, you must also make the following project 50 or greater.
On the other hand you can also use small numbers to add more projects, if desired.
You are not limited to the 25, 33 50, and 100. Other useful numbers could be 67 and 75.

Btw, if you have three projects with 33, a fourth one will be added, so the 33 is pretty much useless. If you change one of them to 34, no other project will be added. So it is probably a good idea to use 34 always instead of 33.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEIV AI Modding FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: