This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 150
· Members: 0
· Total: 150

Spaceempires.net :: Is there still any room left? :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Is there still any room left?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> PBCIV Signups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monsterfurby
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Is there still any room left? Reply with quote

Well, since the other PBC-round is still WIP, I am somewhat interested in joining a more, let's say, matured (as in: older) round. However, I realize that you have already advanced very far into the game, so I wonder whether there would still be some room for someone to join in.

I'd be interested in commanding a ship, but could also take some economic role - it depends on what the Empire still needs.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Monsterfurby

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Furby! Yes, the game is in progress but theres always room for more people. I just recently joined myself and became a Naval Officer and have my own Squadron and flagship now (well ok its a temp flagship but I'll be getting my own!).

The Navy can always use people but if you wanted to become a System Lord, thats still doable if you hurry. If you are good at social networking, become a Mercenary or civilian/military supplier and hauler. Its all up to you man. The sooner you join the better though.

See ya in space!

Astorax

awolf
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interested in joining such a worthy cause helping out in the navy

Awolf

Last edited by awolf on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Monsterfurby
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's great, thanks for your answer.
I suppose I will join the Ranks of the Navy (insert Village People quote here) then, as this appears to be the most interesting choice (though all the others are interesting as well) - and see where I go from there.

Thus I hereby apply for a position in the Space Navy.

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what you should do then is, in this same subforum, sign up on the Military Roster forum. Kana is the name of the CNO (Chief Naval Officer). He's our Boss and will assign you your ships/fleet. SuicideJunkie is the Moderator and all-around God-of-things-datafilewise. He processes the turns and all that other good stuff. PM him and let him know you'll be needing an avatar. Kana will likely assign you your temp flagship.

Welcome aboard, guys!

Astorax

ps- good choice btw, we're only at war with most everyone we know, lol.

Prophet
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former Navy Captain, let me also say "Welcome" to you both. There is still plenty of room for new players in all areas of the Federation. There are several Naval squadrons, and looking at the new contracts for warships I am betting even more squadrons are coming. Rapid colonization means there is room for system lord underlings. And the Federation is big enough to accommodate more businessmen of all sorts.

One quick note to mention though. Don't be concerned if Kana doesn't get back to you right away. He might not be around at the moment, according to this post:
http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopicp-28560.html#28560
Give him time and he'll find a spot for you. Kana is pretty good at responding to messages.

In the mean time, why not get acquainted with everyone and everything? First check out Here's what you need to be able to play Play-By-Committee IV for the files you will need. Once you have them setup, grab the latest savegame. Check out the universe you will be participating in. Even if you can't post orders at the moment, you can still watch what is going on.

See you around the Federation. Cool

Prophet, CEO Dragonstar Industries

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted, have just downloaded the mod (not one I've tried before), and its a toss up. Command some ships or risk trying my own colonisation and see what happens? Yep, I'll risk it! I shall apply if theres room left in the galaxy for a colony ship. Very Happy

Dkanre
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, it nice to have new players join; there are still planets available to colonize, either inside or outside the border.
At present, outside the borders there is mainly Xexxis unless you planned to colonise next one of the other empires.
The only three present candidates inside the border are Gizzar, Xtreme and Synth, the last two systems I have some ownership of. Though I planned to colonize them myself, I see no problem in letting you colonize them. As for Gizzar, you would have to contact Heimdall about colonizing Gizzar IX A. Also, none of the presently colonizable planets within the Federated borders are particularly large.

System Lord of the D'narlom Society

Astorax
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its a little late to be in a good position System Lord wise. We're starting to push up against all the other races, apparently. Still, there are some planets left and theres also that risky proposition: exploration! Wink

Welcome to the game!

ps- Watch out for amoebas <,< >,>

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xexxis looks like the best bet. Now all I need is the offical go ahead and a colony ship full of adventurous people not frightened of a bit of hard work!! Laughing

Kana
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to consider being under the wing of an established system lord until such time as you gain enough colonies under your control. Also I believe the one of the first senate bills covered alot on this subject.

See Bill #24050-1, -2, -3

http://home.spaceempires.net/ftopic-2584-days0-orderasc-25.html

FSL Kana/CNO F.W.S.N/FNS Brawler (PBC IV)

SuicideJunkie
Leaky Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get some colony ships queued up.

Two colonizers for sending into the frontier, plus a transport so you have something to ride around in and trade with while you make the long trip out.

Alikiwi
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I see mention of a colony ship in the construction queues Smile Now if I read the map correctly, looks like the nearest System Lord would be Dkanre ? Am I right (not that I'm dumb, but just getting my head around this). So says pending Baron Alikiwi !! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> PBCIV Signups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: