This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 148
· Members: 0
· Total: 148

Spaceempires.net :: Propulsion Matters :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Propulsion Matters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Food Empires Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Propulsion Matters Reply with quote

I made some changes to the propulsion system by removing supply storage from engines, and converted the reactors in the mod to be more like those found in Fyron's Adamant mod. Anyway, some minor things cropped up like ships were requiring a greater proportion of space to propulsion systems. So I need to make a few changes but wanted to check out what players prefer.

Some current stats:
5kT Light Reactors; 1:1 engines; 500-1000 supplies)
20kT Heavy Reactors; 1:4 engines; 2125-4250 supplies)
10kT Engines; 10 supply usage

The mod uses a pseudo-QNP propulsion system with about 1 engine required per 50kT of ship for maxium movement. This means 20 engines for a 1000kT ship or 10 engines for a 500kT ship.

Anyway, I want to keep primary propulsion systems (reactor and engines) to about 20% of the hull space. Currently, it's up to about 30-40% with the change to reactors. So I can:

- Cut Engines to 5kT
- Double supply storage for reactors (i.e. 1:2 for reactors:engines)

Cutting engines to 5kT is what I think I'll do. Doubling the supply for reactors makes it too easy to make super long range ships. Thoughts and suggestions on this matter are welcome. Razz

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

ekolis
Virtual Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting engines to 5kT would really make it more like a standard QNP system, where the two abilities combined take up 10kT. You might want to check on the hitpoints of engines vs. the damage of engine destroying weapons, and against the hitpoints of other components (for leaky armor purposes) though, if you were going to modify engines' tonnage...

That's no space station - it's a spreadsheet!

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I switched the engines down to 5kT and adjusted the other values accordingly including the engine destroying weapons. Cool

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not like QNP. I just never warmed up to it.

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to play SE4 when there is no QNP. Cool

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike most QNP mods - there are still engine limits in the Space Food Empires mod so it's only really being used to ensure each ship is dedicated roughly the same amount of space to the engines.

covertjaguar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather prefer QNP as well. I like the flexibility it gives me in ship design.

"The difference between very sophisticated technology and magic is a very blurry line, Dean Kamen, Wizard of IT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Space Food Empires Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: