This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: OAKSIF0
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3153

People Online:
· Visitors: 64
· Members: 0
· Total: 64

Spaceempires.net :: Confusion with engines, and some other things :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Confusion with engines, and some other things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exelsiar
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Confusion with engines, and some other things Reply with quote

I'm very confused over how engines work, with smaller ships everything seems fine, but when it comes to very large ships, namely freighter and worldships, once you reach a certain amount of engines adding more reduces the speed.
could anyone explain the system to me?

i'll probly have a few bugs to report on and meby more questions tommorow. i manged to forget to update the files i keep on my external hard drive (no net at home so have to take any notes and stuffs to where ever i get access to the net)

edit- just remembered a couple of things:

1. ive been unable to find any reference as to where one needs to download the extra nebulae images required for DN, in the end i realised i had to copy over images from the FQM mod. meby i missed a reference to it, but if not, meby sumut should be put up somewhere?

2. a very anoying bug i found when trying to find out why a lot of my ships decided to not attack properly. it seems that when upgrading my ships seem to revert to 'Dont Get Hurt' i had to go back through all my backdated ships and change their stratagies (was using a load of old ships i couldnt retrofit due to the 50% cost rule).

3. I know this isnt mod related but i figured i should ask while im here. how long does one have to wait for an obsolete ship to get deleted? i've been awaiting ages for a medic ship to disapear, but all my ship yard keep treating it as an explorer class and keep building them, even tho there obsolete. which is a thought, the medical ship class seems to keep doing strange things, like moving onto any and all planets, friend and foe. is that ment to happen?

Grand Lord Exelsiar of the Azra-Dun Commonwealth, at your service

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed the same engine problem. On larger ships, after placing a certain number of engines, the very next added engine cuts the movement points in half.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game has a limit of 255 movement points. If you go over that amount the movement resets.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

Fulgrymm
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I guess because the mod uses the QNP system of ship movement, those engines have like 10-20 movement each. So putting dozens of them on large ships would make it go over the amount pretty easily.

bearclaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, hmmmm... forgot about the 255 movement points. Damn

1- there is a readme text file in the Mod Info folder that explains about FQM Deluxe images and the ImageMod. Could be a bit more prominent. Sorry.

2- answered in the other post.

3- In your Ship Design screen, select a ship design you want to be obsolete. On the right-hand side, click the button that says Make Obsolete and then make sure that you've got the Hide Obsolete option checked (same place) and there you go! it should be gone and the AI won't build it.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Dark Nova Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: