This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 105
· Members: 0
· Total: 105

Spaceempires.net :: back and ready to go :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

back and ready to go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMLocutus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: back and ready to go Reply with quote

If anyone is here, lemme know and we can try to get the ball rolling on this one. I got the old map, might as well come up with the components I suppose :/

P.S. I lost my old e-mail account because I moved house and ISP, new addy is GMLocutus@Gmail.com

bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'm at a point now where I can get back into things too. I'll pick up where I left off: working on the Stores/space ports and what can be purchased. Just need loads of component pics for those.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

GMLocutus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, we need to do this with a bit more organization though, we need to decide which components to add in first and work from there, so which ones are important?

bearclaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i get home, I'll post some details of what I've got already. I need to look over it all again to see what I've done. Been a while now. Then we can go from there for sure.

Nick (bearclaw)

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should take a look at how different the Star Fury map data file is versus the data file required by SE:V's map compiler. It might be possible to quickly convert your great map into an SE:V map file!

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

bearclaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my!
I hadn't thought of that!! I think I'll look at that on Saturday evening. Thats the next scheduled free-computer time I've got. (translation: kids will be asleep and wife will be out of town).

Nick (bearclaw)

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyron might even be able to put together some sort of python script to convert easily.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

bearclaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERk! I sure hope so. Just looked at data files for the map compiler and for Star Fury. Ain't gonna happen without some sort of converter script.

Hey Fyron, if you're listening, I'd love to provide this SW map to SEV but there's no way I'm going to manually convert 342 seperate SF maps Smile

Nick (bearclaw)

bearclaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking through my notes and the stuff I've done so far (components, stores, locations, and maps) to get my head around where I was on this. It's starting to make sense again but it's a lot.

I haven't forgotten already about this, just still getting re-emersed in what I'm doing. As it stands, I've basicly got components done except for graphics. Just need pictures for them. The more the better. And there is a strange error I'm getting when I try to open a store.

Now that I think about it... I think I know what's happening with the stores... Most components don't have pics and I don't think I put in a temporary pic file number. That would explain it.

So, if you are looking for a place to begin, we need component pics for:
weapons
shield generators
R2 units

to start with. I'll put together a much more detailed list shortly.

Nick (bearclaw)

GMLocutus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look for decent images to use, I'm not at home so I can't easily put together all the images you want me to. What I'll do is note down where to get the images from and then when I get home, I'll create the images that we need and upload them onto my server.

bearclaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen. Soon the rebellion will be crushed, and young Skywalker will be one of us."

Nick (bearclaw)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SF Star Wars Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: