This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 144
· Members: 0
· Total: 144

Spaceempires.net :: Version 1.9.7.3 Released :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Version 1.9.7.3 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Version 1.9.7.3 Released Reply with quote

Star Trek Mod version 1.9.7.3 has been released.

You can download it from shrapnel or from www.astempire.net in the download section

The upload should be completed by 1 pm today.

Please report any bugs or other issues. Thank you and enjoy.

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download page has been updated. Sorry about that.

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.

I have been playing for the past couple of days and I have not noticed any bugs. The issue with the expansion yard B upgrading to an A seems to have been resolved. Thanks again.

Any progress with the Star Wars mod? Once again, I'd be willing to help in any way that you see fit.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Star Wars mod pretty well worked out in my mind and on paper now. The hard part is going to be to get motivated. I am still wondering if I will need to make any more new component images and such.

AST 2.0 (BOTF) Star Trek Mod is still a work in progress. I have to get back into that too and see if I can regain my train of thought. When I opted to update the STM I kinda lost all my head way on AST. Sad But AST is playable just not polished.

I hope to start work on the SWM soon. Since there won't be a huge tech tree a lot of the work will be in getting my ideas to work.

I want to have a Troop facility, one that produces only organics and little minerals. Standard Shipyards will only produce small amounts of organics. This way the player will have to choose between a ship yard or a troop facility. Or I could make one of them an upgrade of the other. The problem will be the AI. I will have to give it a special trait that gives it a standard construction yard or else the AI won't build troops or something equally as hideous.

I hate to say it but I will be on holiday in August, not looking forward to it because its a huge risk on my part, with very little bonus. So I will be gone at some point in the next couple of weeks and I hope to post the AST 2.0 mod when I get back so I can start work on the SWM.

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The issue with the expansion yard B upgrading to an A seems to have been resolved. Thanks again.

still have the issue:)

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the issue?

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that project B is upgraded to A

BTW Fed Side Soundpack is ready

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shattenkanzler,

What race are you playing? In the current version, playing as either the Klingons or Romulans an expansion project B upgrades to a B for me.

In the previous version playing as a Federation race, the project B upgraded to an A. I'll start a dummy game with the current version to see if the issue is race specific.

Atrocities-

Thanks for the update about your two new mods. I'm very excited about both of them. I think I understand where you are trying to go by using two types of yards for the SW mod, and that would be cool. I'm sorry, but I have no insight for the AI. As a player, a potential concern I have with the AI is the use of espionage. From what I've seen, the AI in SE IV does not effectively use espionage, and given the importance of espionage to the Rebels (especially if you have an independent Bothan race), modding the AI may prove difficult.

I would be very happy to discuss the merits of your ideas from a players standpoint. Unfortunately, my ability to help implement the ideas into the mod would be limited given my minimal modding experience.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schattenkanzler wrote:
that project B is upgraded to A

BTW Fed Side Soundpack is ready

This really isn't a bug since both projects are really the same with just different names. You can build a tone of both mixed if you want, then upgrade each to its respective construction yard. They are not true upgrades thus it doesn't really matter. You don't need to first build A then B. They are virtually the same and either or can be built first. Its a work around to get past the one construction yard per planet limit. Smile Actually we don't even need a B project or facility. Its just there for flavor. Smile

Can you please post the sound pack or would rather just email to me, I can post it on the STM site for you. I am sure many people would like to have it. Smile

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the Intel projects I was planing on doing something new.

For the rebels thee will be Hero's and these hero's will each have projects that they can perform at different skills levels and such. The Rebels will also have infiltrators (Bothan spies) and such.

Since the AI doesn't need to use espionage it won't have a call for it in its research files. However there will be projects available for human players to use.

As to the empire they will have dedicated counter Intel with Hero's of their own. Very similar to the way Intel was in Rebellion, or as close as I can make it.

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got mail

Kirk
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, all i see is an oops instead of a downlaod?, is there a problem Capt?.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will fix it now.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.astempire.net/zips/STM1973Patch.zip

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrocities-

The espionage system you outlined sounds very good. In addition to the counter-espionage (in my mind this only encompasses efforts to catch Rebel spies) characters that you proposed for the Empire, I think that considerable resources would be spent trying to determine the location of the Rebel bases so that they can be crushed.

I don't know how much you plan to borrow from the SW mod that is currently available, but I have a few suggestions about how to improve this old mod.

First, even without the Deathstar, the Imperial star destroyers are way more powerful than the Rebel ships. Only the Mon Calamari carriers and cruisers stand any chance against similar era star destroyers. So if you split up the Rebel alliance into separate races, a game may not play very well in the SE IV environment. My friends and I used to play the old SW mod in multi-player, and the Empires main tactic was to wipe out the Mon Calamari as soon as possible. Without the Calamari capital ships, the other races were easily crushed. When we played using the very nice known star wars world map, the Empire would proceed directly to Mon Calamari and the game was over in a few short turns. So we adjusted the mod so that all technologies were tradable between all races and played on random maps. Now we had to hope that the other Rebel races discovered the Mon Calamari before the Empire did.

Nonetheless, I prefer the idea of separate races in a SW mod. We just need to figure out how to give the Rebels a fighting chance. One possibility would be to give the Rebels a faster rate of construction, but I am afraid that that would not be enough. The Bothans and the Rebels need some viable capital ships, in addition to the Mon Calamari designs that they could eventually trade for. I used to play SW Rebellion that had a ship for the Rebels called the "Bullwark Battlecruiser" that was even more powerful than anything the Mon Calamari had designed. Inclusion of a ship like this (and other ships capable of fighting the Star Destroyers) would greatly improve the balance. I still think that a cooperative effort amongst the Rebel races should be required, but in a SE IV environment the Rebels need a little help.

Secondly, in addition to the clearly "good" and "evil" sides, I like the idea of neutral races that could swing either way. Also, criminal/pirate races would be interesting.

I've forgotten the other points, so I'll post again when I recall them.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. I hadn't planned on using that mod at all because I didn't want to spoil my concept.

This is what I have planned.

Five major racial traits, Empire, Rebels, Separatists, Criminal Enterprise, and Independents. Of course the Empire and the Rebels will be only one race as will the Separatists, but the Criminal Enterprise and Independent will be more than one race each. This way a player playing as either the Empire, Rebels, or Separatists will have many adversaries to contend with.

Along with the four major races there will be five pirate minor races. These pirate races will not have any colony tech and will have only one rock / none atmosphere world each. They will have special facilities and limited ships and fighters. (They won't be weak) They will be able to move around much like monsters can in other mods. They are mainly going to be an AI controlled element. They will not have Intel, say for counter Intel.

There will be 20 or so neutral races that will not colonize either. They are there to be conquered by the four major races. These neutral races will be the Mon Calamari, wookies, Bothans, and so on. A list of Star Wars races would help.

Many of the races will have to share images such as fighters, troops and what not. None of the minor races will have capital ships. They will have troops, fighters, satellites, mines, and weapon platforms though. Their planets will be very hard to conquer.

Schattenkanzler
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small list:

http://www.jedipedia.de/wiki/index.php/Rassen

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent the morning making droid troops. Hell I even made a Droid control ship.

The mod is going to take a lot of time to make. I have to create at least a 100 new images for use with the mod and all of those are going to have to be from scratch. That takes time.

Kirk
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i follow the link i get the oops message rather than a download......and can someone link me to the image mod as well thats required.

thanks.

john_stamos64
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrocities-

Your ideas for the SW mod sound great. I have a couple of questions though. Can you provide more details about the separatists? I am not sure I follow where you are going with them. Also, with the ~20 minor independent races, would they have any unique techs to acquire? If not, is it possible to give a major empire some kind of bonus for conquering/getting them to join your side (ie. an espionage bonus for the Bothans, increased ship designs/ ship building bonus for Mon Calamari, etc.)?

I understand the SW mod will require a tremendous effort, and I will help in any way you would feel comfortable. I have no art skills, so I feel that I would be pretty useless making good images. Over the past few years I have begun tinkering with the data files, and feel that I might be able to help design components/facilities, but I really don't understand the AI. Every time I have tried to make a new mod, the AI controlled empires just sit there doing nothing. Anyway, let me know if there is anything I can do.

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have already been a big help. Smile

I would like to keep the tech tree for the basic mod simple. But I can leave in more advanced racial traits to give players the option to add in more technology if they so desire it. This way players will have more game play options when it comes to tech. Light tech, medium tech and heavy tech mods. I will only design the light tech version.

Black_Knyght
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schattenkanzler wrote:
A small list:

http://www.jedipedia.de/wiki/index.php/Rassen

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Races

Maybe this will come in handy, too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: