This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 139
· Members: 0
· Total: 139

Spaceempires.net :: Welcome (Please Read) :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Welcome (Please Read)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Welcome (Please Read) Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I wish to say thanks for visiting and thank you to Fyron and SE.net for hosting us.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING:

The Star Trek Mod is a mod of SPACE EMPIRES IV therefore it must follow the physics of this game. The Star Trek Mod is not a STAND ALONE GAME. It is limited to the physics and restrictions of SE IV, thereby many elements of the mod that would be considered as Star Trek Cannon, cannot apply. IE true warp drive, ship sizes, weapons, and star trek acting AI. Albeit I have tried, with the help of many fine people, to simulate as well as we can, a true star trek environment for our game play pleasure.

The overall objective goal for this mod is to make it as close to a star trek game as we can get it. To that end any and all suggestions will be used.

However for those of you who do not know, please be advised that:

1. The ship models used in the mod were chosen specifically for use with the mod so that I had complete control over how they were used and would not have to answer to any one for their use.
2. As mentioned above, the mod is limited to the physics of Space Empires IV.
3. Although I value every ones post and thank each and every one of you for your contribution, help, suggestions, and such, if I do not post a response to your comment do not worry, I have read it. Just PM me or email me if you want a response.
4. The mod is open to any one who wants to mod. That means if you want to try and make your own mod out of this mod you may use elements of this mod without asking so long as you give credit for the source of your mod materials. I DO HOWEVER REQUIRE, that everyone wishing to use the ship sets from this mod ASK IN WRITING to do so.
5. I want people to know that Captain Kwok dedicated over a year to the development of this mod long before I got involved. It was his work that made the mod possible and he has been an ongoing partner of the mod ever since my involvement began.
6. The mod uses other peoples mods in its files and I have credited all known parties for their mod work.
7. I have NEVER received a dime for my work on this mod. This mod is free to any one who wishes to download it. However contributions to help pay for the AE.net and ASTmod sites is always welcome.
8. This mod was made for the pure enjoyment of the game.
9. I am a Lazy SOB so don't expect a lot from me.
10. All good things come to an end, this list is no exception.

Where we're going we won't need roads.

Last edited by Atrocities on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:21 am; edited 4 times in total

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get a good feel for the mod, take a look at David Gervais digital poster "Birds Of Prey"

XenoTheMorph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrocities wrote:
If you want to get a good feel for the mod, take a look at David Gervais digital poster "Birds Of Prey"

It is wonderful poster Smile , I wish SEIV did look that good! Wink
*looks around* Hmm new forum Very Happy

aiken
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drums!

Where is champagne?

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On ice. Smile We need more people to come to the party. Smile

aiken
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 is a perfect number for a party! The louder music will be, the more people will come.
/me pulls out a bottle of vodka and guitar and starts singing "Good bye America, o!"

XenoTheMorph
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no party is ever right unless you sing 'Auld lang syne' at the end even if it is not Hogmany Laughing

Atrocities
Shipyard Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When star trek fans get together, its not a party, its a convention. Very Happy (And one where you must where a T-shirt that reads "I Have Mated. Tell the Men."

Ohhhh wait, that didn't come out right. (Now I get the joke - LOL - futurma)

The T-shirt must read "I have Mated with a women - tell the men."

DavidGervais
Pixel Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why but I felt compelled to make a post here..

Just don't expect my post to contain any valuable imformation.

/end of post

Cheers! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> Star Trek Mod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: