This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:35 pm Post subject: Welcome (Please Read)
Hello everyone. I wish to say thanks for visiting and thank you to Fyron and SE.net for hosting us.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING:
The Star Trek Mod is a mod of SPACE EMPIRES IV therefore it must follow the physics of this game. The Star Trek Mod is not a STAND ALONE GAME. It is limited to the physics and restrictions of SE IV, thereby many elements of the mod that would be considered as Star Trek Cannon, cannot apply. IE true warp drive, ship sizes, weapons, and star trek acting AI. Albeit I have tried, with the help of many fine people, to simulate as well as we can, a true star trek environment for our game play pleasure.
The overall objective goal for this mod is to make it as close to a star trek game as we can get it. To that end any and all suggestions will be used.
However for those of you who do not know, please be advised that:
1. The ship models used in the mod were chosen specifically for use with the mod so that I had complete control over how they were used and would not have to answer to any one for their use.
2. As mentioned above, the mod is limited to the physics of Space Empires IV.
3. Although I value every ones post and thank each and every one of you for your contribution, help, suggestions, and such, if I do not post a response to your comment do not worry, I have read it. Just PM me or email me if you want a response.
4. The mod is open to any one who wants to mod. That means if you want to try and make your own mod out of this mod you may use elements of this mod without asking so long as you give credit for the source of your mod materials. I DO HOWEVER REQUIRE, that everyone wishing to use the ship sets from this mod ASK IN WRITING to do so.
5. I want people to know that Captain Kwok dedicated over a year to the development of this mod long before I got involved. It was his work that made the mod possible and he has been an ongoing partner of the mod ever since my involvement began.
6. The mod uses other peoples mods in its files and I have credited all known parties for their mod work.
7. I have NEVER received a dime for my work on this mod. This mod is free to any one who wishes to download it. However contributions to help pay for the AE.net and ASTmod sites is always welcome.
8. This mod was made for the pure enjoyment of the game.
9. I am a Lazy SOB so don't expect a lot from me.
10. All good things come to an end, this list is no exception. Where we're going we won't need roads.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All logos and trademarks used on this site, all comments and stories posted for reading, all files hosted for download, and all art work hosted for viewing are property of their respective owners; all the rest copyright 2003-2010 Nolan Kelly.
Syndicate news: - Syndicate forums:
Page Generation: 0.24 Seconds