This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 65
· Members: 0
· Total: 65

Spaceempires.net :: Ladder Mod Questions :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Ladder Mod Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEG Spaceport
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing the write up for my race and noticed the new happiness types. Do they have any new effects apart form the usual peaceful, warlike etc?

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randallw wrote:
I was doing the write up for my race and noticed the new happiness types. Do they have any new effects apart form the usual peaceful, warlike etc?
Yes. Look in Happiness.txt to get a good general feel of what a happiness type does.

Smarter than your average Texrak.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well according to the happiness.txt they are all basically neutral, as none of the new ones have any modifiers.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is rather odd.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd found something else missing. There were system intel facilities, but no planetary intel facilities. I see now the intel generation is a part of research.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randallw wrote:
Thought I'd found something else missing. There were system intel facilities, but no planetary intel facilities. I see now the intel generation is a part of research.

There's all the standard intelligence facilities in the mod so you must have just missed it. The few points added for intel by Research centers was to give players at least some defence in the event that hadn't researched any intelligence tech.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I just want to check before I upload this empire file, the happiness TxT should have straight zeros on most of the different happiness settings right. I wanted to check militaristic and its just striaght zeros like neutrals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but even running test games with maximum tech I can't find applied intelligence or any tech that allows intel facilities. Is there a trait I should have?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes right, whoever put the things in forgot to put the intel building back in, it has the planetary bonus and system bonus building in but not the intel building itself, It seems like they did the research and intel buildings at the same time and remembered to put the research building back in but forgot the intel

Also I noticed something else, this might be part of the mod but it seems odd. When i ran a test to check Randallw thing about the intel, I noticed that on highest tech i had three buildings total on the homeworld to start is that suppose to be like that (Ship Yard, Space Port, Resupply Base)

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to read all announcements in the Announcements forum category. You need to download the updated version of the mod.

About intel facilities... Are you a "regular" race? Pirates and Nomads do not have many basic facilities, such as intel facilities... You must select one of those three traits, Regular, Pirate or Nomad. Nothing was forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that explains the intel on mine at least ( iahve the updated version of the mod) , so I geuss that pirates dont get mining buildings and what not either. Anyways this is a nice mod Very Happy

Can someone answer this

Um, I just want to check before I upload this empire file, the happiness TxT should have straight zeros on most of the different happiness settings right. I wanted to check militaristic and its just striaght zeros like neutrals

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWIN wrote:
Can someone answer this

I did answer it... Read this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out. Kinda dumb what i did. I extracted inside the mod folder so it created the new version of the mod inside the folder instead of over wrighting the orginal file Embarassed oops lol

Ok, One last check, To be sure, The current mod posted in the annoncements thread works and is working.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be missing something, but I looked at the tech area file. I am not familiar with modding the txt files but I can see that colonisation tech has a racial area that matches planet type chosen. Intalligence has a racial area that does not match any other available.

I have a regular race.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randallw wrote:
I may be missing something, but I looked at the tech area file. I am not familiar with modding the txt files but I can see that colonisation tech has a racial area that matches planet type chosen. Intalligence has a racial area that does not match any other available.

I have a regular race.

First check to see if your mod is correct version, next recheck your race to make sure you didnt click the wrong triat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the impression it is just me and everyone else can get Intelligence. I am using 1.02.01 and can see that regular trait is chosen. I don't believe it is a problem of having old data files as I looked at the compressed 1.02.01 data files to see if they had the same unconnected racial area. I would change the text file so that Applied Intelligence has the same racial area as "not a pirate", but have no experience with modding the files and so am not sure how I would screw it up.

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack. Applied Intelligence had a racial area of 20. My apologies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playin around with the mod in a game testing my empire and I just relized how badly the AI cant handle it. lol They dont build anything just sit there and wait to die. lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mod is purely for PBW. The AI are not supposed to do anything. I think theres actually a warning not to play single player as the AI isn't programmed for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEG Spaceport All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: