This site is in archival mode. A replacement is being developed. In the meantime, please use the PBW2 Forums for community discussions. The replacement software for this site will use a unified account system with PBW2, and any newly created threads will carry over.
Welcome to Spaceempires.net
Login or Register

Search
Modules
· Content
· Downloads
· Forums
· Game Info
· Image Gallery
· Links
· Shipyards
· Topics
· Staff

User Info
· Welcome, Anonymous
Membership:
· New: Astorre
· New Today: 0
· New Yesterday: 0
· Overall: 3155

People Online:
· Visitors: 85
· Members: 0
· Total: 85

Spaceempires.net :: Ashadra Signup Thread :: View topic
Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Ashadra Signup Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEG Spaceport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Ashadra Signup Thread Reply with quote

If you wish to play in the Ashadra Galaxy game, please post in this thread, along with any info on your race that you might have.

Smarter than your average Texrak.

bearclaw
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like in.

The Sethillan Society, led by Central Speaker Bootu, is a race that underwent radical genentic manipulation many years ago. Refered to now as the Unravelling, the genetic damage ended up leaving the Sethillans so varied that one individul cannot be recognized as the same species as another. Certain family lines display related features (4 fingers, wings, anntenna, skin color, etc).

After a mistaken belief in Sethillan physics, it was thought possible that time travel might be their salvation, but it was found that travelling backwards in time was not possible.

They have now taken to the Stars in an attempt to find a possible cure for their self-induced condition.

Nick (bearclaw)

"You don't know the Power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the other thread said to email someone, o well might as well post here tooo Embarassed . Anyway i havent decided on a name for my empire, but it is a extreme scientific race. Also it uses the Pandoran ship set, and it is a human type species. Thats all I can think of about it right now. Very Happy

So can I Join

Alneyan
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join in as well.

My race would be the Elisenor Lineage (the name may be subject to a change if I can actually make up something more appropriate than Elisenor), a race of naga-like (half-human and half-snake) beings. Their main characteristics include:

- Being a fairly conversationist people in their use of technology (they are creative and develop "technologies", but are reluctant to actually use it afterwards).
- Having a society not based on an actual form of private ownership or work; the governments give "tokens" (for lack of a better word) to individuals based on their achievements for the greater good of the Lineage.
- Not having an actual military, instead relying on mercenaries or automated defences to take care of this small matter. The same would go true for space wars.

This Empire would be a Nomadic race (no wonder here), and quite close to my Oligarchy in the previous SEG game, although taken one step further.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh! You stinker! I wanted to use the Pandoran shipset...arggh....

EDIT: I'll live I guess.

EDIT2: I'm waiting to hear from CKwok on whether my race history is appropriate or not for Ashadra...I'll post my race synopsis once I hear...(or not if he deems it inappropriate)

IWIN wrote:
Hey the other thread said to email someone, o well might as well post here tooo Embarassed . Anyway i havent decided on a name for my empire, but it is a extreme scientific race. Also it uses the Pandoran ship set, and it is a human type species. Thats all I can think of about it right now. Very Happy

So can I Join

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

I'm very interested in joining and the good Capt. Kwok said to go ahead and post a few tidbits here as well.

The Pentithles Union represents all the people of the Pentithles race (a bi-pedal, methane-breathing species). The Pentithles are a very-long lived race who have a taste for the finer, more luxurious things in life. Not surprisingly, they are a peace-loving race that is very tolerant of others. They are slow to anger, but if wronged or pushed enough, are even slower to forgive.

Their long life and hedonistic doctrine have combined to cause a population explosion. And with a higher population follows reduced space for each individual, creating an intolerable situation. So, the Pentithles Union has taken to the stars to find homes, spas, and resorts for their ever expanding population.

PS: I'll work on picking a ship set in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is just to let whoever accepts players on PBW game i am colonel
I have a name for my empire toooo the Minion Clan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyhey, I think I may want in on this game. However, I will be away from my primary computer (and SEIV) untill sunday the 12th. If I can I would like to play, here are my empire details:

Vinshran Star Kingdom:
The Vinshran Star Kingdom is actually populated by a race called the Aljuason. The weakest of the predatory species on their homeworld the Aljauson quickly found themselves to be a dying species, untill they were gifted with the spark of invention. Their fierce competitive nature and never ending drive to expand drove them quickly to the stars. While their homeworld is considered sacred and still heavily populated, the aljuason themselves exist primarily in space, aboard warships and starbases built to serve the single function of protecting their ancestral home.

(I am still toying around with whether I want these guys to be actual nomads, or if I want to create a second species who inhabits most of the planets, but aren't allowed to build full scale starships or bases by the Aljuason)

Any chance of getting remote mining decreases value changed to false?

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your empire teaser sounds interesting Zero.

Remote mining will decrease asteroid value - although it will take quite a long time to deplete a given asteroid field. Probably as long as the game will last. Also note we're using a modified FQM map so asteroids aren't exactly rare either...

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I think, upon further reflection, that I should not get involved in Ashadra. It will be a long game, which normally would be great, but I've got a couple marathons in the next few months and my dissertation will hopefully be taking up more and more of my time in the next year - I just fear that I would risk being in a situation where I hold the game up and p*ss people off...

sorry.

Sounds like a whole mess of fun, though.

Maybe by the time SE5 comes out I'll more time for things like this...cause I certainly want to get involved...

Alarik

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[moderator]
I have split all non-signup related posts from this topic. Please only make game join/part posts in this thread. Discuss the mod over in this thread. Thanks.

Fyron
[/moderator]

Alneyan
Space Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel I should follow Alarikf's wisdom and withdraw from this game as well. My time dedicated to SEIV will be decreasing once school restarts (not by too much hopefully, but still), and I am already having a hard time gathering the will to get my turns done for my behemoth Empires (as you may have already noticed). So while I have no problem with playing small games, the big games requiring some commitment are a whole different story at the moment.

So if my reasonable voice prevails, I will be withdrawing from the SEG game. If not... Well.

My apologises for the hassle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Glad to join such a game!

I always wanted to use the Fractal Function shipset, and I can think of endless roleplaying opportunities in a game like this!

So here is the Biology and Society of my race, haven't done the history yet.

Biological – Energy based life form existing according to a yet to be determined mathematical equation. The equation is a rearranged Mandelbrot set which contains an infinite number of smaller copies of itself. Each one is a sentient being. The race was born in the warp points of the galaxy, created in the infinite realms of space and time represented within. From conception the Fractal Function found the world of restrictive constants that the majority of other races call reality to be too constrictive and alien. In its current evolved state the race has found an uneven balance between these worlds. Sentient individuals are known as Functions, and use fields to manipulate matter for their purposes. Fractal technology is based on individual Functions “Imbuing” themselves into a “Constant,” or in other words combining their sentient energy with physical constructs. The process is permanent; however the Function imbued remains an independent being.

Various constructs can be combined together to create larger living entities such as units and ships. Larger more advanced capital ships can be made up of millions of functions. While simple computers are used in the constructs included in the constants, the actual intelligence of the Functions within constructs serves the purposes of advanced computers in other races.

In their original form atmosphere was simply another physical barrier, type was irrelevant. Over time, however, the Fractal Function has learned to coexist with reality on Rocky, Oxygen planets better than others.

Society – Fractal Function society is a complex function which is not analytical. All communications between infinite numbers of sub-sets can still be described mathematically. The Fractal Function in its current form is a race of individual beings linked to a common cause, the Solution. The central drive in their existence is to find the Solution to the Equation that their mathematically based existence is founded on. Neither the Equation nor the Solution is known.

Before coming to an uneasy alliance with reality, the Fractal Function was an entirely energy based and communal society. There were no individuals, the race used the realm of space and time from their home in the warp points to stay in constant contact, and maintain a communal mind. With the constraints they currently find themselves dealing with in this universe, the Function has evolved considerably. The communal nature of their current society is based solely on their culture and unique brand of philosophy. They have lost the majority of their temporal and spatial abilities, to include instantaneous and constant communication.

The Fractal Function regards their current world as a mystery, being so alien to the infinite realms they were born in. Though evolved to exist in their current circumstances, they are acutely aware that their knowledge and experience of this universe is lacking. This leads to a sometimes irrational assumption on their part that the organic based life forms of the galaxy, to include energy based life forms born in physical reality, are in some way superior in this realm. This in term leads to a slight xenophobic tendency.

This difference, however, is not considered to be a fundamentally in conflict with the Fractal Function. Rather, the Fractal Function as a whole believes that the Solution is not to be found in the realm of space and time from which they came, but rather in the physical reality they find themselves in now. This makes them extremely curious and critical of the world in general, and feeds and insatiable appetite for knowledge. They have a particular liking for capturing alien equipment and populations for study.

Being based on complex mathematics, their thinking falls along these lines as well. Functions apply math to all decisions, and this can make them predictable if you can solve the equation they are currently using. Due to this weakness, which has been exploited by enemies in the past, individual Functions known as “Variables” are used routinely. Variables are Functions that have been isolated from the ongoing equation of current events, and are asked to solve for a course or action based on only the information relevant to the current event. This leads to actions out of sic with the rest of the Fractal Function that breaks up a possible string of predictable behavior. This leads to brilliant reversals of fortune through previously unconsidered courses of action, or devastatingly inopportune ventures from ill considered consequences.

The leader of the Fractal Function is considered a Function like all others, and is described as z=z*z+c, a set considered to be the closest to the Solution the race has yet to find. Due to the communal nature of the Fractal Function, leaders are not often important or prominent.

CaptainKwok
Balance Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More interesting stuff! Nice.

Space Empires Depot | SE:V Balance Mod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaving off creating my empire for now, in case Fyron is going to add modifiers to the new happiness types.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like fun, I'm a newbie but I'll join in if you'll have me.

I don't have the description from my race file handy but I can give you the general gist of it here:

Irideans - An offshoot of humans that rely on mechanical cybernetic enhancements. They felt persecuted by other humans and left the human homeworld many years ago to start a new life among the stars.

The cybernetics they employ allow the Irideans to have an almost symbiotic relationship with the machines they use. This has had the effect of giving them very effecient machines however their constant reliance on cybernetics and machinery has caused their muscles to atrophe and they are wasted away physically.

The Irideans are almost naturally paranoid and will aggressivly defend their controlled territory or even territory that they BELIEVE they should control. Upon first settling their planet after leaving the human homeworld they had a series of short wars with neighboring civilizations whom the Irideans felt threatened their safety and security. These wars formed the basis for the Iridean Empire. These aggressive tendacies and paranoid reactions to percieved afronts makes the Irideans very difficult to deal with diplomatically.

-Arakiel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, I just read the part of the guidelines that says "no humans"...i'm guessing this applies to human offshoots as well? Shocked

-Arakiel

Fyron
Galactic Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does. It is pretty easy to come up with a new name for the race and all that... Your race can be similar to humans, just not actually humans, or human offshoots, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Sorry for my week absence, those hurricanes really screwed things up, extened my underway time to a full week. Going into the yards next week so it won't happen again, will get my empire data loaded as soon as possible!

-Pat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hopefully the first turn will be up today, but the event it is not I am going to a wedding on Wednesday, will be gone untill Saturday. Willhave internet acess for role playing, but not to actually run the turn.

But if the turn is ready tonight the 72 hours will work out nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright,

I see that the turn didn't make it up, no worries. Will be on duty today so can't play it tonight if it comes up, will be home tommarrow for a bit before driving to that wedding and will play it if it is there. If not, will be gone till Sunday, so let it autoplay I suppose.

-Pat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spaceempires.net Forum Index -> SEG Spaceport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: