Aaron Hall Posts About Merger|
Posted on Wednesday, April 5th @ 6:20 pm GMT (11151 reads)
Aaron Hall responded to my email of questions with a post over on Shrapnel. You can read his full response by clicking on "Read More."|
Not to worry, not to worry! Everything is ok. Here's some answers to those nervous questions:
1. What will this mean for future games? SE5?
Yes, SE5 is still coming out. We're beta testing and fixing it up for a release this summer.
This purchase means that you're pretty much guaranteed an SE6. It was looking doubtful with just my company backing it, but now with Strategy First in the mix, its much more likely. And with their help we should have even better graphics than SE5!
2. Will you still have control over development of the game, or is it now up to S1st management? Do you maintain creative control in this new arrangement? Or will it be up to people that have little knowledge of the series?
Not to worry, I still control development. In fact, very little will change in the day to day operations. Strategy First will have a say, obviously, but the games will still be developed by Malfador Machinations.
3. Does this new arrangement mean you will be getting help from more programmers from Strategy First? Will you still be programming the game in your new management position?
Yes and no. SE5 is pretty much done, so there's not much needed for it. For SE6 we'll be getting help in the art department, but not the programming department. But this will definitely help get development of the game done faster with more polish.
4. What will happen to your faithful beta testers? Will we be replaced by in house testing? Or will things continue as normal?
Things will continue as normal. I would never get rid of my faithful beta testers! If anything we may supplement our normal testing methods with Strategy First in-house testing.
5. What about the bevy of free patches that expanded functionality for SE3, SE4 and SF? Will this still be possible, or will we be forced into pay-for expansions for new content?
Things will continue as always, with patches coming out for quite a while. I will still be building the patches myself and putting in as much as I can. But with Strategy First's help, we may create actual expansion packs for our games with additional graphics, features, and more.
So all in all its good for both sides. I get the backing I need to stay in business and improve our future games. Strategy First gets a new product line and can make it available through more outlets such as Steam, Retail, Direct Download, etc. And heck, they may actually get me to make our games use standard user interface routines. Now, that can't be bad!
Here's looking forward to Space Empires V this summer!
|Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.|
|Average Score: 3.66|
No Comments Allowed for Anonymous, please register|